We like to bring an activity with us when we visit Fay. This weekend we dropped by on both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was ice cream and trivia. Fay and I went back to her room (it was nasty weather) and read through the Baltimore
Jewish Times. There was an article on the most popular Jewish-themed mask for Halloween (it's a Bernie Madoff mask) and a long story about Topol, who at 72 is reprising his role as Tevya in a tour of "Fiddler on the Roof" that is coming to Baltimore. The Bernie Madoff story went over Fay's head, but I think she had some recollection of "Fiddler." My mom has a thing for older Jewish men with beards.
On Sunday we brought the album of photo proofs from Margie's and my wedding.

We (at least Margie and I) had quite a time looking back 41 years. To put things in perspective, Fay is 15 years younger than I am now in this picture. I was 45 pounds lighter than I am now. Margie looks pretty much the same.
We showed my mom photos of her nieces and nephews, her brother and sisters, and some others she seemed to remember. It's hard to know what Fay understood but she said that she knew who everyone was. It was the most responsive we have seen her in several weeks. Who knows? Maybe we'll bring my bar mitzvah album next week.
Love this post!
ReplyDelete