Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Part II


Since today was the real Mother's Day, I decided to drop by Courtland Gardens and see what was up. I got to the nursing home about 10:00, and Fay was still getting ready. It turns out that the staff were setting up for a Mother's Day brunch. So Fay and I got to have a good visit as well as brunch set up in the dining room, the sun room, and on the patio. We ate on the patio.

Made to order omelets, fruit, cheese, bagels, coffee and tea. The process was supposed to be that guests got their own food and the staff brought food for the residents. That process was supposed to ensure that the residents got food appropriate for their special, individualized diets. I as well as most other guests failed to follow directions and brought our mothers their own food. Staff came by and inspected our choices. I think I passed.

Each mother also got a carnation. I put Fay's and room-mate Rebecca's flowers in vases in their room. Rebecca is eating next to Fay in the picture above.

It was a beautiful day, and eating on the patio was pleasant. We also got phone calls from Margie (who was enjoying her morning walking with friends and dogs around the lake near our house) and Wendy.

Other features of the brunch were special music (I think it was Rudy Valee recordings) special flowers on the tables, and festive decorations that would have been more appropriate for Cinco de Mayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment